HDE COSTUME PICK-UP AT THE DANCE OFFICE STARTING MONDAY JUNE 15th, 2020!
HARMONY DANCE CENTER
1. Dancers must be between the ages of 10-17 and a student at Harmony Dance Center.
2. Dancers must be enrolled in a Ballet class and at least 2 other styles of dance (including but not limited to Jazz, Modern, Hip Hop, etc.) at Harmony Dance Center and have shown proficiency in technique, artistry, and performance. Pointe does not count as an additional dance style.
3. Dancers must successfully pass the audition and gain acceptance into the company. Auditions were held on Saturday December 7th 2019 (2020-21 date TBD).
4. Once accepted into the company, dancers must pay an entry fee of $125 for the first year (this fee includes their warm-up suit which is a required uniform for all events and competitions), and a $75 fee for each subsequent year involved in the company.*
5. Dance Ensemble members and their parents must sign the company policy acknowledgement form and adhere to its rules.
6. Dancers must attend company rehearsal regularly and without excessive absences. Rehearsals are once each week (SUNDAY EVENINGS) from January until the Recital.
7. All Dancers must participate in all scheduled events/trips, conventions, and competitions.
8. Dancers will be selected to compete in the spring dance competition. Competition casting is based on attendance in regular classes and rehearsal, technical proficiency, performance ability, maturity, and professionalism. Competition dances will be included in the Recital.
*Harmony Dance Ensemble is not a "class" and there is no charge for weekly rehearsals. The entry fee covers the cost of the uniform and the cost of guest artists, master teachers, and other company related expenses. We offer our time and talent because we eat, sleep, and breathe dance!